Improved cognition provides a person with the competitive edge to survive in this world. One can only make quick and proper decisions if the mind is in a good state. Smart drugs like Provigil provide a healthy individual with better cognitive skills which are essential for one to make progress in life. It provides a person with the ability to reason well, to concentrate, focus, to be creative, as well as to recall memories. Though these are not its approved uses, this drug is popularly used by people for these benefits. This smart drug is a prescription medication. While buying Provigil online, it is important to get a doctor’s approval first.
Now that you know why Provigil is popularly used, let us know for what purpose this smart drug is prescribed.
The Approved Uses of Provigil
This smart drug is a wakefulness-promoting agent that is prescribed by doctors for people suffering from sleep disorders. It received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the year 1998. This drug is a brand version of the generic smart drug Modafinil. It is manufactured by a pharmaceutical company called Cephalon Inc.
This drug was first approved as a treatment for narcolepsy back in the year 1998. Then, in the year 2003, it received approval as a treatment for another two major sleep disorders i.e. obstructive sleep apnea and shift-related sleep disorders.
This drug is not a cure for such sleep disorders in people. It just improves the condition of the people suffering from them. It helps to reduce the extreme daytime sleepiness that people experience from such sleep disorders.
What is the right time of taking this smart drug?
This smart drug has a half-life of 12 hours approximately. So, take it in the morning or in the early afternoon. Do not use it more than once in a day.
If you are suffering from narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnea, you can take 200 mg in the morning or in the early afternoon.
If you are a shift worker, use it an hour prior to your shift. People working on night shift, early morning shift, or evening shift can take the drug an hour before their shift.
If you work in rotating shifts, then ask your doctor about the right time of consuming this drug.
Never take this medication (except night shift workers) in the evening or at night. This is because it could make you suffer from sleep disturbances the whole night.
Consider these points
- You can use the drug orally with a glass of water. You can use it before or after your meal time.
- Never use this smart drug with alcohol or with any street drugs.
- Keep this drug in a safe place that is not easily accessible for children or pets.
- Do not share your medicines with any other person. Modafinil can be addictive if it gets in the hands of people with a prior substance use disorder.
- Give your whole medical history to your doctor. Tell him about any allergies that you suffered from in the past related to this drug.
- Also, tell him about the drugs or treatments you are taking currently. They may include prescribed drugs, over-the-counter drugs, herbal treatments, dietary drugs, nutritional drugs, recreational drugs, illegal drugs, vitamins etc. These drugs may interact wrongly with Modafinil and lead to harmful side-effects.
- This medication is not safe for use by people who are less than the age of 18 years.
- Keep this smart drug at room temperature away from extreme heat, moisture, and direct sunlight.