When you are under intolerable physical pain, what is the first thing you do? Do you go to a doctor or do you just go buy some pain med that your friend suggested? Well, the first and foremost thing that you must do when under intolerable and excruciating physical pain is consult a doctor. If you take pain meds without medical guidance, it will do you nothing but harm. Soma Pill is a pain med that requires full medical guidance. This is a skeletal muscle relaxer used for getting relief from muscle cramps, muscle soreness, neck pain, back pain, knee injuries, shoulder pain, etc.
A Brief Introduction of Soma Pill
Soma Pill is an oral pain medication that is effective at proving relief from muscle and acute pain. The generic name of this pain med is Carisoprodol which has been approved in the year 2007 for pain relief. Since that year onwards, it has been marketed widely across the United States. This pain med is now available only with a valid prescription.
How should you take this Pain Med?
Using this pain med always requires a doctor’s guidance. Do not take the pills without consulting your doctor. Moreover, this pain med is more effective when it is used in combination with proper and timely rest and physical therapies. Take the doses as you are told. Do not increase, decrease or change the amount without consulting your doctor.
- You can take Soma pill either before or after having your food. Although, the pain med may take a little time to take effect if used after meal. Never mix the pills up with alcoholic products as this can increase the risk of dizziness in the person.
- Generally, doctors recommend the use of this drug for not more than three weeks. Use the pain med only for the prescribed time period. Taking the pills for a longer time than prescribed won’t be good for your health.
- To treat muscle spasm in adults, 250-350 mg of this pain med is used about three times in a day and once before bedtime.
- Keep this drug in such a place which is out of the sight and reach of your children or animals. Store the pills away from direct sunlight. Make sure you do not keep them in your washroom.
- Throw away the medicine sheets or bottles that are no longer in use or that have expired.
Provide your medical history and details on the treatments that you are under currently before using this pain med.
Carisoprodol and Pregnancy
Pregnant women should not take this drug without asking their doctor first. Even if you are planning to get pregnant, you must first take permission from your doctor before consuming this pain med. It is unknown if this pain med will harm the mother or her child when used during pregnancy. Those women who were consuming this pain med for quite some time and are planning to get pregnant should also ask their doctor about the safety of this drug.
Carisoprodol and Breastfeeding
If you are breastfeeding your baby, you must avoid taking this pain med under all circumstances. Soma pill can harm the baby by causing withdrawal symptoms and trouble breathing. It can pass through the breast milk of the mother and cause harm to the baby. A lactating mother should be careful while using it.
Note: Never share this pain med with other people. Carisoprodol is an addictive substance. It is more risky for the people having a prior substance use disorder and taking it without medical guidance. They have increased chances of getting addicted to this drug. Addiction to this drug can even sometimes lead to death. Also, you should note that it is illegal to sell or share this drug with other people.