We call it to be physical pain when something hurts our body and leads to damage in our tissues. Some kind of pain can last for a longer duration and some can last for a shorter duration. We call the short-lived pain as acute pain and the long-lived one as chronic pain. Just because acute pain does not last long, it does not mean that it is less irritating. It can be as intolerable as chronic pain. In this blog we are going to discuss on an acute pain medication called Soma pill.
An Overview on Soma Pill
The oral pain medication, Soma Pill, is prescribed by doctors for the treatment of acute and skeletal muscle pain. This medication got its approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the year 2007 as an acute musculoskeletal pain reliever. The generic version of Soma pill, Carisoprodol, has been in use since the year 1959.
The DEA declared this pain medication as a Scheduled IV controlled substance under the Controlled Substances Act, 1970. Because it is a controlled product, its availability is strictly restricted as a prescription-only pain medication. To buy this pain med, consult the physician and get a valid prescription from your physician. Also, you must never take this pain medication for recreational or non-medical reasons. This drug is only for adults who are 18 years or above.
How does Soma Pill work?
The exact mechanism of this Soma drug is not yet known but this medication is known to be a good skeletal muscle relaxer. It works on the central nervous system of a person and produces effects of sedation on the user. This drug blocks the transmission of the pain sensations that are sent between the brain and the spinal cord. It changes the way the person perceives or responds to the pain sensation.
Guidelines to Consume Carisoprodol
- First you must provide your doctor with all the information regarding your drugs or treatments that you are currently taking. This information is necessary because it would help the doctor to ensure that there won’t be any drug interactions. Drug interactions can change the effects of Carisoprodol in your body.
- You must give full information regarding your complete medical history. If you have high blood pressure, porphyria, liver or kidney disease, heart disease, a history of mood or mental illnesses (hallucinations, depression, confusion, anxiety etc.), or a prior substance use disorder etc.
- You can use these pills either before taking your food or after meal. But do consume this medicine with a plain glass of water. Never mix this pain medication with alcoholic products or consume these pills along with street drugs.
- The adults who have muscle spasm can take Soma pill 250 mg to Soma pill 350 mg about 4 times in a day. Do not consume this medication in large amounts.
- Usually this medication is not recommended for more than 2-3 weeks. Therefore, you must not consume this product for longer than that time period.
Important Information –
- Store this medication at a minimun room temperature and in a place which is not easily reachable for your children and pets.
- Note that this medication should be used along with some proper rest and timely physical therapies.
- This pain med, Soma Pill, can be somewhat addictive mainly for those who have already been a drug addict or alcoholic. So, it is advised that you do not share your medications with such people. This makes it against the law to give away this pain medication to others.
- Do not keep any of the expired products at your place or any drugs that you are not using anymore.