Physical ache can literally change the life of a person. It can lead to sleepless nights and restless days. Taking pain medications might become the only solution for people to get instant relief. But one must always consult a doctor before taking any medications for safe use of drugs. Soma pill are a medication that doctors prescribe for getting relief from acute and musculoskeletal pain relief. This pain med is an oral pain reliever that provides temporary relief to the user from pain.
Know about Soma Pill
Soma is a brand version of the generic pain medication Carisoprodol. Carisoprodol has been in use in the market all over the world since the year 1959. The Soma brand, however, got approved in the year 2007 by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is now marketed widely across the country.
Why this drug became a controlled substance is because a lot of people abused this product because of its sedative effects. There is restriction in the availability of this pain medication as it is a controlled substance. Sharing or selling controlled substances like Soma Pill to other people is against the law.
Doctors prescribe this pain medication generally for getting relief from muscle cramps, muscle soreness and various injuries etc.
How does Carisoprodol work?
The pain medication Carisoprodol is a centrally acting muscle relaxer that has sedative effects on a human body. It induces drowsiness or sleepiness in a person and makes the user feel relaxed and calm. By altering the pain sensations between the neurotransmitters in the body, thus changing how a person perceives the pain.
How should you consume Soma Pill?
Carisoprodol should always be used under complete guidance of a doctor or a medical consultant. One needs to take timely rest and physical therapies in order to get effective and proper relief from pain. Also, the Soma dosage should always be used according to the prescription given by a doctor. Using the drug in larger amounts can be harmful for your health. Avoid doing that at any cost.
- Take the pills either before or after taking your meal. Do not take them with alcoholic substances or with illegal drugs. Never break or split the pills. Also do not inhale them in powdery form or inject them into your body. This can be really harmful for your health.
- Usually a doctor recommends people to take this pain medication for a period of less than 2-3 weeks. So, take the drug only for the period you are advised to take. Taking it for a longer period of time can lead to drug dependency.
- Those people who have muscle spasms take about 250-350 mg of Carisoprodol for four times a day which includes once before going to bed.
- Only adults i.e. people below 18 years of age or more than that age can use this pain medication. If you are below 18 years of age, then you must not use this pain medication.
- Make use of this pain medication only for medical purposes or for the reasons your doctor has asked you to take. Never take the tablets for any recreational or non-medical purposes.
- Pregnant women or those planning to get pregnant should first consult with their doctor before taking the pain medication. All the lactating mother must avoid taking this pain medication as it can harm your nursing baby.
- This pain medication is an addictive substance. Do not give it away to people who already have a drug addiction problem or those who were alcoholics before.
- Keep the pills away from direct sunlight.
- Give full information of all your medical checkups to a consultant and also let him/her know about the drugs that you are taking at present.