Soma (Carisoprodol) is basically a muscle relaxer. It is also a very good pain reliever. We all have to face various types of pain in our daily life. Some of them are acute pain and some are chronic pain. Soma (Carisoprodol) works best in acute pain. By showing the excuse of pain, we cannot run away from our daily duty. But we also cannot work with pain and all the time we cannot be ready to go to the doctor. Some pains like a sprain, which we get suddenly are not long lasting but very irritating. Soma (Carisoprodol) can handle these types of pains. Carisoprodol is the generic name for Soma.
Carisoprodol, alginic acid, magnesium stearate, potassium sorbate, starch, and tribasic calcium phosphate
Soma (Carisoprodol) is consist of three components. Carisoprodol, Codeine, and Aspirin are those components. Carisoprodol regulates the neurotransmitters’ activity in the spinal cord and brain. Basically, it changes the way of perceiving pain in the body. One should not use the painkiller more than three months. Soma (Carisoprodol) is effective for 3 to 4 hours.
There are various advantages Soma if you use it as a painkiller,
• Soma (Carisoprodol) is the best painkiller for muscle pain
• It can be your savior also if you are suffering from accidental pain like sprain
• Soma (Carisoprodol) is not a powerful painkiller. Hence it has very fewer chances of side effects
• Soma (Carisoprodol) is also good for acute pain
• This painkiller also can give you relief from pain instantly.
As most of all medicines have side effects, hence Soma (Carisoprodol) also have some side effects. If you find any unusual in your health after taking Soma, it is better to consult a doctor. Sometimes, the side effects have gone when it adjust with your body,
• Drowsiness, dizziness, tremor;
• Depression, Feeling Irritable;
• Blurred Vision;
• Sleep Problems (Insomnia); Or
• Nausea, Vomiting, Hiccups, Upset Stomach.
• Paralysis (Loss Of Feeling);
• Extreme Weakness Or Lack Of Coordination;
• Feeling Light-Headed, Fainting;
• Fast Heartbeat;
• Seizure (Convulsions);
• Vision Loss; Or
• Agitation, Confusion.
Interaction of some medicines with Soma (Carisoprodol) can be very dangerous if you take both at the same time. Drug list is given below,
• Adderall (Amphetamine / Dextroamphetamine)
• Ambien (Zolpidem)
• Ambien CR (Zolpidem)
• Cymbalta (Duloxetine)
• Fentanyl Transdermal System (Fentanyl)
• Lortab (Acetaminophen / Hydrocodone)
• Nexium (Esomeprazole)
• Norco (Acetaminophen / Hydrocodone)
• Prozac (Fluoxetine)
• Soma (Carisoprodol )(Carisoprodol)
• Synthroid (Levothyroxine)
• Xanax (Alprazolam)
1. If you are suffering from Porphyria, Soma (Carisoprodol) is not a good option for you as a painkiller.
2. Be aware of the addiction of Soma. It can lead you to death. So it should be used for a limited period of time.
3. If you are a patient of the liver disease, kidney diseases or seizure, before using Soma, you should consult with your physician.
4. If your age is less than sixteen, then also you should not take Soma Pill.
5. It also can be dangerous if you take it with alcohol.
6. During the first three months of pregnancy, Soma (Carisoprodol) is avoidable. Because it may affect the unborn baby