Why people use smart drugs? Why are they so popular today? The smart drugs which are also called cognitive-enhancers are needed to cope up with the increasing pressures and stress in today’s world. Working people, for instance, face so much of pressure and deal with so much of stress in the work front that it drains their energy level. Smart drugs, like Provigil for example, help them to become active and boosts up their motivation and energy level to deal with the day-to-day pressure and stress at work.
An Overview of Provigil
Provigil is an oral smart drug that is marketed as a brand version of the generic smart pill Modafinil. This medication is manufactured by Cephalon Inc. and sold with prescriptions in the U.S. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved this smart drug in December 1998. Since its approval, doctors prescribe this drug mainly to treat the sleep disorders in people especially narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, and shift work sleep disorder.
Also, you can order Provigil online from online drug stores that sell these smart drugs. Do note that it is a prescription drug so you need to obtain a prescription to buy or use this drug.
Healthy individuals use it to boost up their brain and to improve their energy level. It helps them to improve their reasoning skills, creativity, memory, attention, concentration, and focus, etc. But such people should never use it for changing their typical sleeping time.
Guidelines for using this smart pill
- You can take this smart pill either before or after having your meal.
- To prevent daytime sleepiness, you can take this pill each morning as a single dose (including patients with narcolepsy and sleep apnea).
- To treat shift-related sleep disorders, you can take the pill about an hour before the start of the shift.
- Doctors usually prescribe this medication for 12 weeks or less.
- Never take the pills with alcohol or any kind of sedative substances. This can make you suffer from severe dizziness.
- Store your medicine bottles at such a place that is not easily accessible for children or your pets.
- The recommended dose for people with narcolepsy and sleep apnea is 200 mg/day.
- Shift workers can also take 200 mg per day.
Precautions for this drug!!
- Never share this drug with other people especially with those who have a history of drug addiction. Note that Modafinil is a drug of abuse. You must not give it away or sell this drug to anybody else. That is against the law.
- This drug is not for children or teenagers less than 18 years of age. You must see to it that nobody is using your medicine. Keep count of the pills used from each medicine bottles.
- You must tell your doctor about your past illnesses. If you have had any prior mood/mental disorders, prior substance use disorder, liver/kidney disease, heart problems, etc.
- Also, make a proper list of all the drugs that you taking currently and give it to your doctor. Such drugs may include prescribed drugs, non-prescribed drugs, recreational drugs, nutritional drugs, illegal drugs, dietary drugs, vitamins, herbal drugs, etc.