Before we talk about what modafinil is, let me ask you a question.
Have you seen the film “Limitless” with Bradley Cooper in the lead? If you haven’t, let me tell you that it is a film where a depressed writer (played by Bradley) turns into a totally changed person who writes books in just 4 days, learns several languages in very less time, and controls the stock market by using advanced techniques. Gorgeous women line up to get his attention and many renowned businessmen want to work with this guy.
Okay, so why am I talking about this film all of a sudden?
Well, Modafinil is considered to be a “limitless drug” that can give you great focus, concentrating ability, and thus, increase your productivity.
Let’s know about it in details.
LET’S TALK ABOUT MODAFINIL NOW
Modafinil is a smart drug or a cognitive enhancer that helps an individual to overcome extreme sleepiness or tiredness. It received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in December 1998 for treatment of excessive sleepiness in individuals with sleeping disorders like narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and shift work sleep disorder.
Not only that, this smart drug has also been in use due to its various off-label benefits.
This drug improves cognitive functions in an individual. It helps in improving the retaining ability of an individual, enhances creativity, and also improves reasoning skills and abilities of an individual. It also has been reported by its users to have some sort of mood-lifting effect. This smart drug makes them more outgoing and socially confident.
If you are interested in buying this product, you can easily buy Modafinil online from any drug store available online.
HOW TO USE THIS DRUG?
If you are suffering from any sleeping disorders or for whatever reason you want to take this drug, make sure you have consulted a doctor. Your doctor can prescribe you the correct dosage and the time of consumption. Follow all of his instruction very carefully.
Below given are some general guidelines for consumption of Modafinil.
- You can take this oral pill with or without food.
- If you are suffering from narcolepsy or OSA, you can take 200 mg once a day in the morning.
- If you work in shifts (nightshifts), take 200 mg an hour before your shift starts. Those working in rotational shifts must consult a doctor regarding its dosage and time of consumption.
- Do not take this pill with alcohol or any other such substances like marijuana. It might increase the risk of side effects even more.
- Taking this drug for a long duration or in high doses and abruptly discontinuing its use may create symptoms of withdrawal. Consult your doctor before you stop using this drug.
SOME IMPORTANT POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Never misuse this drug in any way. This drug has addictive properties and therefore, it has greater potential to be misused. Misuse of this drug can even lead to death. Avoid sharing it with others especially if they have a history of drug addiction or substance use disorder.
- Keep track of the pills in every bottle that you have purchased. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Store it at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and direct sunlight. Do not keep it in the washroom.
- Tell your doctor about all the drugs (prescribed, non-prescribed, vitamins, or herbal products) that you are taking. This would ensure that the drugs do not have any possible dangerous interactions with Modafinil.
- This drug can make you dizzy. Avoid activities requiring mental alertness like driving at least until you can safely perform them.
SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS DRUG IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING?
It is not known if Modafinil affects an unborn baby. So, if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant, talk to a doctor before taking this pill. You should take this pill only if the doctor prescribes you to take it.
It is also unknown if Modafinil has the potential to pass through breast milk and harm a nursing baby. So, if you are breastfeeding, do talk to a doctor before taking this pill. Taking it without consulting the doctor might put your baby’s life in danger.
This drug is not approved for use by children under the age of 17 years.
WHAT ARE ITS POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
Before taking this drug, you must know the possible side effects this drug has.
The most common side effects of this drug are headaches, nausea, anxiety, nervousness etc.
Some of the less common side effects of this drug are back pain, diarrhea, low appetite, flushing or redness of the skin, heartburn, indigestion, vomiting, swelling of throat/tongue/face, dryness of mouth/skin, stuffy or a runny nose, etc.
Note that this is not a complete list of side effects of Modafinil. If you experience any of the above-given side effects or any other side effects that are not on this list, get immediate medical help.