Before we talk about what modafinil is, let me ask you a question.
Have you seen the film “Limitless” with Bradley Cooper in the lead? If you haven’t, let me tell you that it is a film where a depressed writer (played by Bradley) turns into a totally changed person who writes books in just 4 days, learns several languages in very less time, and controls the stock market by using advanced techniques. Gorgeous women line up to get his attention and many renowned businessmen want to work with this guy.
Okay, so why am I talking about this film all of a sudden?
Well, Modafinil is considered to be a “limitless drug” that can give you great focus, concentrating ability, and thus, increase your productivity.
Let’s know about it in details.
LET’S TALK ABOUT MODAFINIL NOW
Modafinil is a smart drug or a cognitive enhancer that helps an individual to overcome extreme sleepiness or tiredness. It received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in December 1998 for treatment of excessive sleepiness in individuals with sleeping disorders like narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and shift work sleep disorder.
Not only that, but this smart drug has also been in use due to its various off-label benefits.
This drug improves cognitive functions in an individual. It helps in improving the retaining ability of an individual, enhances creativity, and also improves reasoning skills and abilities of an individual. It also has been reported by its users to have some sort of mood-lifting effect. This smart drug makes them more outgoing and socially confident.
You can easily buy Modafinil online from any drug store available online if you want to get it for use.
HOW TO USE THIS DRUG?
If you are suffering from any sleeping disorders or for whatever reason you want to take this drug, make sure you have consulted a doctor. You are prescribed the correct dosage by the doctor and also the time of consumption. Follow all of his instruction very carefully.
Below given are some general guidelines for consumption of Modafinil.
- You can take this oral pill with or without food.
- If you are a patient with the problem of narcolepsy or OSA, consume 200 mg once a day in the starting of the day.
- The shifts workers who work in shift (nightshifts) take 200 mg an hour before the starting of the shift. The rotational shift workers should take the advice of a doctor to know about the dosage and at what time they should take it.
- Do not take this pill when you are consuming alcohol or any other such substances like marijuana. It might increase the risk of side effects even more.
- Taking this drug for a long duration or in high doses and abruptly discontinuing its use may create symptoms of withdrawal. Consult your doctor before you stop using this drug.
SOME IMPORTANT POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Never misuse this drug in any way. This drug has addictive properties and therefore, it has greater potential to be misused. Sharing it with others is not good especially if they have a history of drug addiction or substance use disorder.
- Keep track of the pills in every bottle that you have purchased. Don’t keep it in the reach of children and the pets.
- It should be stored in the room temperature which should be away from conditions like moisture, heat, and direct sunlight.
- Before starting to use this medicine, tell your doctor about the drugs (prescribed, non-prescribed, vitamins, or herbal products) which you are taking right now. This would ensure that the drugs do not have any possible dangerous interactions with Modafinil.
- Avoid activities requiring mental alertness like driving at least until you can safely perform them as this smart pill can make the user dizzy.
SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS DRUG IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING?
There is no evidence what can be the effect of Modafinil on the unborn baby. So, talk to a doctor before taking this pill if you are pregnant or planning to be. You should take this pill only if the doctor prescribes you to take it.
It is also unknown if Modafinil has the potential to pass through breast milk and harm a nursing baby. So, if you are breastfeeding, tell the doctor about your situation before starting to use this smart drug. Taking it without consulting the doctor might put your baby’s life in danger.
The people with the age below 17 years should avoid this medicine.
WHAT ARE ITS POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
Before taking this drug, you must know the possible side effects this drug has.
The most common side effects of this drug are headaches, nausea, anxiety, nervousness etc.
Some of the less common side effects of this drug are back pain, diarrhea, low appetite, flushing or redness of the skin, heartburn, indigestion, vomiting, swelling of throat/tongue/face, dryness of mouth/skin, stuffy or a runny nose, etc.
Note that this is not a complete list of side effects of Modafinil. If you experience any of the above-given side effects or any other side effects that are not on this list, get immediate medical help.