Have you ever felt dead-tired at work? Do you have a project deadline tomorrow but feel lazy to get up and start working? Well then, it’s high time to know about Provigil, a performance enhancing smart drug which you should add to your bag right now!
Provigil, a brand name under the generic version of Modafinil, is a smart drug used to promote wakefulness in people suffering from excessive sleepiness. Provigil reduces extreme sleepiness caused due to sleep disorders like narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea and shift work disorders. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Provigil in 1998 as a safer alternative to other stimulants.
To all the readers of this blog, who at present, are reading these lines with a murky haze, it’s time to stop trawling through the internet and gather the facts about this nootropic-
- Modafinil (Provigil) was the first ever smart medications developed in 1994.
- Provigil is a wake promoting agent which doesn’t make you feel jittery like many smart drugs do. It makes you feel super active like never before.
- It can also improve your mood and boost your motivation level, as a result of which you can work with more focus and energy.
- There is a heightened awareness about what’s going on around you and you are able to take action more efficiently.
- Provigil contains Modafinil as an active element and the following inactive ingredients: Croscarmellose Sodium, Lactose Monohydrate, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Povidone and Pregelatinized starch.
- The pill has a few or no side effects at all and does not lead to addiction.
- The normally recommended dose is 200 mg and it should not exceed 400 mg.
- Modafinil usually takes 25 to 40 minutes to kick in, which is quite effective.
- Its half life is quite high at 12 to 14 hours as compared to other alternative smart drugs.
- Take this smart pill once in the morning to overcome narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea; and one hour before your shift work to treat shift work disorder.
- Always store Provigil at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Important information about Provigil:
- Modafinil can change the level of enzymes in the liver that eliminate other drugs. This can reduce their effectiveness. Examples include drugs like cyclosporine, theophylline and hormonal contraceptives like estrogen and progesterone containing dugs. Proper monitoring and doctor’s supervision is a must.
- Those taking Provigil for the first time should read the drug related information clearly so as to prevent any allergic reactions to the drug.
- One should refrain from alcohol consumption while one is taking this medication
- Do not take this drug during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Do not allow children and young adults under the age of 16 years to take Provigil
NOTE: This post does not contain all possible adverse effects of Provigil . Also, this drug is to be used for medical purpose only and not recreational ones. Hence, proper consultation with the doctor is absolutely a must.